It’s hard to believe David Fincher’s iconic 1999 movie “Fight Club” was at the time considered a commercial failure. However, after getting a second chance on DVD (remember those?), it went on to become a generation-defining film and Brad Pitt’s character, Tyler Durden is somehow iconic for generation Y. Of course, the film also starred Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter in two amazing performances (the finale scene is literally unforgettable).
Chuck Palahniuk book’s adaptation to a movie screenplay by Jim Uhls left a true legacy of memorable quotes about modern urban habits, consumption, and soap. This carefully curated collection will remind us how, just at the turn of the 21st century, a film managed to challenge our lifestyle.
Best Fight Club Quotes
- May I never be complete. May I never be content. May I never be perfect. Fight Club
- And maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves. Fight Club
- Prepare to evacuate soul in five, in four, three, two, one. Fight Club
- After fighting, everything else in your life got the volume turned down. Fight Club
- This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time. Fight Club
- Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy. Fight Club
- If you died right now, how would you feel about your life? Fight Club
- Because everything up to now is a story and everything after now is a story. Fight Club
- I’m a toxic waste byproduct of God’s creation. Fight Club
- What kind of dining set defines me as a person? Fight Club
- On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. Fight Club
- Every evening, I died, and every evening, I was born. Fight Club
- Everything you ever love will reject you or die. Fight Club
- It’s weird to think the place where we’re standing will only be a point in the sky. Fight Club
- We just had a near-life experience. Fight Club
- Ever since college, I make friends. They get married. I lose friends. Fight Club
- Waiters will always pee in soup, people will always fall in love. Fight Club
- If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person? Fight Club
- Like so many others, I had become a slave to the IKEA nesting instinct. Fight Club
- What you end up doing is you spend your life searching for a father and God. Fight Club
- Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you. Fight Club
- The first step to eternal life is you have to die. Fight Club
- The lower you fall, the higher you’ll fly. The farther you run, the more God wants you back. Fight Club
- Burn the Louvre, and wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa. This way at least, God would know our names. Fight Club
- The people I know who used to sit in the bathroom with pornography, now they sit in the bathroom with their IKEA furniture catalogue. Fight Club
- The amazing miracle of death, when one second you’re walking and talking, and the next second you’re an object. Fight Club
- Our culture has made us all the same. No one is truly white or black or rich, anymore. We all want the same. Individually, we are nothing. Fight Club
- I tiger can smile
A snake will say it loves you
Lies make us evil. Fight Club
Fight Club, Tyler Durden’s Character Quotes
- How much can you know about yourself if you’ve never been in a fight? Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- We are God’s unwanted children? So be it! Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- We are consumers. We’re the by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you’re alive. If you don’t claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Listen up maggots! You are not special! You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake! You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else! Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- A person had to , but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Then you’re trapped on your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables—slaves with white collars. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- If you lose your nerve before you hit the bottom, you never really succeed. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- I don’t wanna die without any scars. So come on; hit me before I lose my nerve. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Maybe self-improvement isn’t the answer, maybe self-destruction is the answer. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Our fathers were our models for God, if our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- An exit-door procedure at 30.000 feet. Mm-hmm. The illusion of safety. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- You are not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your fucking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- Getting fired is the best thing that could happen to any of us. That way, we’d quit treading water and do something with our lives. Tyler Durden, Fight Club
Fight Club, Marla’s Character quotes
- When you’re twenty-four, you have no idea how far you can really fall, but I was a fast learner. Marla, Fight Club
- Two sides? You’re Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Jackass. Marla, Fight Club
- When people think you’re dying, they really, really listen to you. Marla, Fight Club
- The worst job in the whole world must be recycling toilet paper. Marla, Fight Club
- This isn’t a real suicide thing. This is probably one of those cry-for-help things. Marla, Fight Club
- A condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night. Then, you throw it away … the condom, I mean, not the stranger. Marla, Fight Club
- Funerals are nothing compared to this. Funerals are all abstract ceremony. Here, you have a real experience of death. Marla, Fight Club
- This isn’t like when guys sit backward on the toilet and pretend it’s a motorcycle. This is a genuine accident. Marla, Fight Club
- I knew this would happen. You’re such a flake. You love me. You ignore me. You save my life, then you cook my mother into soap. Marla, Fight Club
- It’s a bridesmaid’s dress. Someone loved it intensely for one day, then tossed it … like a Christmas tree. So special, then, bam, it’s on the side of the road. Tinsel still clinging to it. Like a s*x crime victim. Underwear inside out. Bound with electrical tape. Marla, Fight Club
Quotes from the Rules of Fight Club
- Welcome to Fight Club.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!
Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells ‘stop!’, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over.
Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.
Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons.
Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight. Fight Club
- Now this is the first rule of fight club: There is nothing a blue collar Nobody in Oregon with a public-school education can imagine that a million-billion people haven’t already done… Fight Club
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best .