The term “perfection” is quite ambiguous and subjective.
To some people, it implies a state of excellence when there’s nothing more to add or deduct. To others, perfection refers to the accomplishment of personal goals and ambitions.
However, perfection is more of a process than it is an outcome to a situation. It’s something we continually pursue in our quests for greatness.
The following is a list of the most inspiring perfection quotes that will encourage you to strive for greatness.
1. A beautiful thing is never perfect ~ Egyptian proverb
2. A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem ~
3. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected ~
4. Beauty and ingenuity beat perfection hands down, every time ~ Nalo Hopkinson
5. Don’t mistake activity with achievement ~ John
6. Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state ~ Thomas de Quincey
7. Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better ~ Pat Riley
8. Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it ~ William Ellery Channing
9. Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it ~ Salvador Dali
10. I abhor the idea of a perfect world. It would bore me to tears ~ Shelby Foote
11. I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God’s business ~ Michael J. Fox
12. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude ~ Colin Powell
13. If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content ~ Leo Tolstoy
14. Imperfection and perfection go so hand in hand, and our dark and our light are so intertwined, that by trying to push the darkness or the so-called negative aspects of our life to the side… we are preventing ourselves from the fullness of life ~ Jeff Bridges
15. March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path ~
16. Nobody’s perfect. We’re all just one step up from the beasts and one step down from the angels.”
~ Jeannette Walls
17. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
18. Perfection is impossible; just strive to do your best ~ Angela Watson
19. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence ~ Vince Lombardi
20. Perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretense ~
21. Perfection, fortunately, is not the only alternative to mediocrity. A more sensible alternative is excellence. Striving for excellence is stimulating and rewarding; striving for perfection–in practically anything–is both neurotic and futile ~ Ed Bliss
22. Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work ~
23. Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of ~ Dan Pearce
24. Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection ~ Kim Collins
25. Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing ~ Harriet B. Braiker
26. Striving for perfection is the greatest stopper there is. You’ll be afraid you can’t achieve it. It’s your excuse to yourself for not doing anything. Instead, strive for excellence, doing your best ~ Laurence Olivier
27. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, , and persistence ~ Colin Powell
28. The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection ~ George Orwell
29. The man with insight enough to admit his limitations comes nearest to perfection ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
30. The more perfect a thing is, the more susceptible to good and bad treatment it is ~ Dante Alighieri
31. The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement ~ George Will
32. The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it ~ Pearl S. Buck
33. The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection ~ Michelangelo
34. There is no perfection, only beautiful versions of brokenness ~ Shannon L. Alder
35. There’s no such thing as Perfection. But, in striving for perfection, we can achieve excellence ~ Vince Lombardi
36. This toxic striving for perfection is a female thing. How many men obsess about being perfect? For men, generally, good enough is good enough ~ Jane Fonda
37. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often ~
38. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love ~ Tom Robbins
39. When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story ~ Charles Baxter
40. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are ~ Donald Miller
Much as perfection is an admirable goal, it remains elusive and unattainable. Therefore, it’s advisable not to obsess over it so much.
Instead, just focus on doing your best and you’ll always have something toand grateful for.