Getting deeper into fall, October will arrive to show us nature’s warmest color, bring a chill, and remind us of all the work load that is ahead of us. We’re definitely going, , and back to the grind. Thankfully, is waiting at the end of the month to praise all things spooky.
This collection of famous quotes about the month of October can bring a smile on our faces, as well some comfort or even inspiration regarding all that is about to follow. Read on and share with friends, coworkers and loved ones to spread the message: autumn is officially here.
Best October Quotes
- I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October. Charmaine J. Forde
- October is a hallelujah! reverberating in my body year-round… John Nichols
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys. Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
- I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring. W. S. Merwin
- My favorite color is October. Unknown
- What I really want from Music: That it be cheerful and profound like an afternoon in October.
- October is a symphony of permanence and . Bonaro W. Overstreet
- October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before . Keith Donohue
- Then came October, full of merry glee. Edmund Spenser
- Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves! Humbert Wolfe
- October is the opal month of the year. It is the month of glory, of ripeness. It is the picture-month. Henry Ward Beecher
- It must be October, the trees are falling away and showing their true colors. Charmaine J Forde
- In October, a maple tree before your window lights up your room like a great lamp. Even on cloudy days, its presence helps to dispel the gloom. John Burroughs
- In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October. Alexander Smith
- Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to spring. Doug Larson
- October’s poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter. Nova Bair
- The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant. Florence Bone
- October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book. John Sinor
- The fallen leaves in the forest seemed to make even the ground glow and burn with light. Malcolm Lowry
- Chicago is an October sort of city even in spring. Nelson Algren
- Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
- There is October in every November and there is November in every December! All seasons melted in each other’s life! Mehmet Murat ildan
- Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. Carol Bishop Hipps
- In October I confessed my love for her, and she allowed me to kiss her. Ivan Bunin, The Collected Stories
- October was always the least dependable of months… full of ghosts and shadows. Joy Fielding
- October sunshine bathed the park with such a melting light that it had the dimmed impressive look of a landscape by an old master. Elizabeth Enright
- Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October. Peggy Toney Horton
Literature Inspirational October Quotes
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall. F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- You don’t waste October sunshine. Soon the old autumn sun would bed down in cloud blankets, and there would be weeks of gray rain before it finally decided to snow. Katherine Arden, Small Spaces
- He loved October. Had always loved it. There was something sad and beautiful about it—the ending and beginning of things. Jacqueline Woodson, If You Come Softly
- I remember it as October days are always remembered, cloudless, maple-flavored, the air gold and so clean it quivers. Leif Enger, Peace Like a River
- All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken. Thomas Wolfe, Of Time and the River: A Legend of Man’s Hunger in His Youth
- October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace! Rainbow Rowell , Attachments
- Outside, a gusty October breeze was combing leaves from the trees and sending them across her backyard in colorful skitters. Stephen King
- ‘Only today,’ he said, ‘today, in October sun, it’s all gold—sky and tree and water. Everything just before it changes looks to be made of gold.’ Eudora Welty, The Wide Net and Other Stories
- There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October. The sunshine is peculiarly genial; and in sheltered places, as on the side of a bank, or of a barn or house, one becomes acquainted and friendly with the sunshine. It seems to be of a kindly and homely nature. And the green grass, strewn with a few withered leaves, looks the more green and beautiful for them. Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks
October Quotes from Poems
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
- There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood—
Touch of manner, hint of mood;
And my heart is like a rhyme,
With the yellow and the purple and the crimson keeping time.
- There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir:
We must rise and follow her,
When from every hill of flame She calls,
and calls each vagabond by name.
- And I rose
In a rainy autumn
And walked abroad in shower of all my days
High tide and the heron dived when I took the road
Over the border
And the gates
Of the town closed as the town awoke.
- The trees are in their autumn beauty
The woodland paths are dry
Under the October twilight the water
Mirrors a still sky.
William Butler Yeats
- Leaves descending to the ground,
Orange, magenta, green & brown
The cool crisp breezes in the air,
Autumn season must be here.
Charmaine J Forde
- Pale amber sunlight falls across
The reddening October trees,
That hardly sway before a breeze
As soft as summer: summer’s loss
Seems little, dear! on days like these.
Books That Include October Quotes
We don’t earn a commission for recommending them
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best .