I would like to share with you some valuable lessons I’ve learned throughout my life that have made it more positive in every single aspect of it. You see, truth is, life is hard, I’m not going to lie to you about that. But, because something is hard doesn’t mean we should be viewing it negatively. Instead, there some straightforward ideas that you should implement into your mind that I assure you will change the way you see the world around you. So, I really hope that you take the next 5 lessons into consideration, and hopefully, you take something home with you from today!
Lesson No1: To find peace in the world, we must first find peace within ourselves.
Let me tell you something you already know. You, my friend, are a wonderful human being, and you should let nobody tell you otherwise. Now the first step in having a positive outlook on life is having a positive outlook on yourself. What I’m trying to say is, if you do not accept and love the way you are, then you will not do the same for the world around you. You cannot change the flaws you were born with(for the most part), but what you can change is the way you look at them. Forget about that annoying little birth scar that you think it’s ugly, forget about what people say about your nose, or your ears, or anything for that matter. Being concerned about problems with no solution is the no1 destroyer of your happiness. Instead, take note of what you want to change about yourself and focus on that right now! The other day I heard this really amazing quote saying that “In a year from now, you will be regretting not having started today.” So, if you don’t like something about yourself, either change it or forget about it, but never stop loving yourself.
Lesson No2: Appreciate what you have and be grateful for what you receive.
This is something I see getting more common among younger people. I know that the grass seems greener on the other side. Still, if you keep wanting more and more and don’t appreciate what has been given to you in this world, then you will get indulged in this never-ending mindset of consumerism that will in result, take away every single bit of happiness you have in your life. One might ask, how does wanting more and more constantly make you unhappy? Well, you see, wanting more means that you are not satisfied with what you already have, meaning that you are not happy with your life. Do you know what “not being satisfied means,” it can mean that you are unhappy with your life. Now that we got that cover, I want you to take a good look around you, think of all the things that you have that have made you happy throughout the years. All the people you’ve met that have given you experiences you will never forget. Will that brand new phone make your life better? Easier, yeah, for sure, but will it be better? I don’t think so. So, the final takeaway is, love what you have, appreciate what has been given to you, and only seek more if you think it will make your life truly better.
Lesson No3: Learn to view your glass as half full, not half empty.
Let me tell you something you already know, the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, where bad things will happen always. Now, if you let every little mishap ruin your day, then you will let them eventually pile up and ruin your life. Did you get fired? Sure, you hated that job anyway, time to find a better one. The person you were dating left you? Then apparently they didn’t consider your good qualities to be “good enough,” they weren’t worth it, don’t stress over it, you’ll find someone better. My endpoint is that you must learn to view the positive side of all of your problems. There are two sides to each coin, nothing is purely wrong and to be completely honest with you, I believe that everything happens for a reason. So, instead of crying over life, get out there and make it better! As Winston Churchill said: “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
Lesson No 3: Live every day to the fullest and every moment like it’s your last.
One of the main reasons I see people being unhappy and stressed out is by overanalyzing the future and don’t notice the beauty of life unfolding in front of them. Yeah, it’s nice to have plans for the future, but don’t let the future ruin the present. Instead, live for the moment, for the people that are right in front of you, and try to enjoy your life to the fullest. Instead of thinking about what you are going to be doing in 30 years, take action now and work up to your goals little by little. View every day as a brand new adventure, filled with endless paths you can choose to get one step closer to your goals, and not as a struggle you have to go through.
Lesson No4: Being happy is a choice, not a chance.
For me, this is one of the most basic and essential things you have to realize to be happy. Your life will only start to get better when you choose to make it happen. Instead of blaming things for your unhappiness, blame yourself for choosing not to be happy. If you genuinely wish to have more positivity in your life, it all starts with you. You have to get rid of all the negativity, not only from yourself but from the world that immediately effects you, that being your friends, co-workers, and so on so forth. Negativity just breeds more negativity, so getting rid of it is essential. So, when you experience difficulty, you must choose not to let it affect you and instead work on the solution!
Lesson No5: There are infinite lessons.
It’s impossible to have just 5 things in the entire world that will make you positive. Because you see, the whole world has sources of positivity in every corner! That is the beauty of it, there are lessons everywhere to be learned and marvels everywhere to be seen. Every difficulty is a chance for you to learn and improve upon, not a chance to be miserable, every mishap, and chance to strive for greatness, every sorrow a chance to look for happiness and fulfillment. You see, there will be plenty of storms in your life, the rain will be heavy, and the wind will be devastating. But the beauty of life and the “secret” to happiness, is always waiting through the storm so you can see the beauty of the rainbow afterward.
Quotes for a Positive Life
- Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive. By Matt Cameron
- A positive attitude can really make dreams come true. It did for me. By David Bailey
- You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. By Joyce Meyer
- The only place where your dreams become impossible is in your own thinking. By Robert H Shuller
- Impossible is just an opinion, don’t buy it. By Robin Sharma
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. By Colin Powell
- A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results. By Wade Boggs
- Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. By Lou Holtz
- It’s actually refreshing to be positive and optimistic, and idealistic. It’s cool to see yourself doing beautiful, great things. By Tom DeLonge
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope. By Helen Keller
- Positive anything is better than negative nothing. By Elbert Hubbard
- You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will. By Stephen King
- What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficult, and every difficulty has an opportunity. By J. Sidlow Baxter
- Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. By Roy T. Bennett
- Fall seven times and stand up eight. By Anonymous
- An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality. By Brian Tracy
- Optimism is the most important human trait because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation, and to hope for a better tomorrow. By Seth Godin