Last Updated on December 24, 2021
Aside from the obvious reason people love to shower, it’s the perfect “me” time. When you’re in the shower alone, you shed off your inhibitions. You can bust a move that you’ll never do in public.
You can sing a full playlist to your heart’s content without the ribbing you usually get from friends. You can light a candle and let the water wash out both your physical and emotional dirt. And in the shower, you get the weirdest or the most fascinating ideas. Showering is usually when light-bulb moments happen.
It’s not unheard of that an owner of a big business got the idea for his product while showering. Musicians usually formulate song lyrics and melodies when they’re alone in the bathroom. Even students practice their speeches while taking a bath.
The tranquility of shower time clears the mind. It doesn’t matter if what you’ve thought is weird, funny, gross, naughty, heartbreaking or philosophical. When the thought or idea came from your “me” time in the shower, It’s usually entertaining or creative enough to put into action or share with family and friends.
The online world is brimming with collections of funny, creative and inspirational thoughts and ideas that people thought while showering.
Some are as witty as:
- Ellen DeGeneres gives gifts and surprises every day she should just change her name to Ellen DeGenerous.
- iPhone chargers should be called ‘Apple’ juice.
- Using your old computer to search for a new device you’ll buy is like asking your PC to dig its own grave.
Or as thoughtful as:
- A pizza’s shape is round. It’s delivered in a box. And you cut it into triangles.
- Your tombstone’s epitaph is like your final status update.
- Have you ever wondered what your pet named you?
Shower thoughts, even trivial ones, can make your day and inspire you to do more, encourage you to be more creative or just make you laugh silly. So the next time you take a shower, why don’t you take notice of what comes to your mind? In the meantime take a look at other people’s intriguing realizations.
50 Shower Thoughts
1. Maybe ‘Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?’ isn’t a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won’t be retained or applicable later in life. –
2. Every time you upvote someone on Reddit, you are making their day better, at the cost of nothing. –
3. X88B88 looks like the word voodoo reflecting off of itself. –
4. “Go to bed, you’ll feel better in the morning” is the human version of “Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?” –
5. The person who would proof read Hitler’s speeches was a grammar Nazi. –
6. When you drink alcohol you are just borrowing happiness from tomorrow –
7. The Google self-driving car should have an “I’m Feeling Lucky” button that drives you to a random location. –
8. As a dishwasher, I come home after hours of work in which I get covered in filth, and I take a shower only to realize…I am the final dish –
9. I wish I had a Mario Kart-like ghost of myself punctually getting ready for work in the morning so I’d know if I was running late. –
10. The iconic Alien is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. –
11. Trying to get rich by playing the lottery is like trying to commit suicide by flying on commercial airlines. –
12. Thanks to the Internet, I have probably seen more naked ladies than all of my ancestors combined. –
13. The word “Fat” just looks like someone took a bite out of the first letter of the word “Eat.” –
14. Your stomach thinks all potato is mashed. –
15. Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you. –
16. Google maps should have a “on the way” feature to find the most convenient gas station, Starbucks, or whatever along the route to your destination. –
17. I bet attractive people think the world is a lot more polite than it really is. –
18. When a pregnant woman swims, she is a human submarine. –
19. Mars…is populated entirely by robots! –
20. I wonder if there are any times on the clock that I have never seen. –
21. Newborns are always crying because any discomfort is literally one of the worst things they have ever experienced. –
22. Pornography is the only profession where amateur products can be in higher demand than professional ones. – Unidan
23. If you’re no longer covered by your parent’s health insurance, your manufacturer’s warranty is over. –
24. If two people on opposite sides of the world each drop a piece of bread, the Earth briefly becomes a sandwich. –
25. Seeing as how bothand Ironman’s only real super powers are that they are super rich and very smart, Bill Gates and sure turned out to be disappointments. –
26. When Sweden is playing Denmark, it is SWE-DEN. The remaining letters, not used, is DEN-MARK. –
27. If Hillary Clinton wins in 2016, it will be the first time that two presidents have had sex with each other. –
28. Asking someone “where are you” is a recent thing. Before we had mobile phones, the only way we could talk to people is if we knew where they were. –
29. If you would mount garbage trucks with camera’s you could weekly update google maps street view. –
30. For most of human history, vehicles had automatic collision avoidance and could even take you home when you were sleeping or drunk. Then we got rid of the. –
31. There should be an optional “people are sleeping” button on the microwave so stop from all the extra loud beeping. –
32. Using your old laptop to research buying a new one is like asking it to dig its own grave. –
33. Most teenagers pull their phones out of their pockets to check the time. We are reverting to the era of pocket watches. –
34. If you view a bald eagle at the zoo, you are looking at the American symbol of freedom in captivity. –
35. When you say the word “crisp”, it moves from the back of your mouth to the front as you say it. –
36. If I touch my phone in the right places, a pizza will show up at my front door. –
37. Over time, the insult “two dollar whore” has become progressively more offensive. –
38. Rap songs that reference dollar values won’t adjust for inflation and the references will sound cheaper over time. –
39. There is no time I have ever thought, ‘Oh awesome, iTunes opened itself.’ –
40. We will never hear about the truly perfect crime. –
41. 1/3 of marriages are now from online dating and that number is only increasing. That means that computers (algorithms) are starting to breed humans. –
42. Killing a spider makes the spider genetic pool sneakier and more deadly. –
43. If we pop bubble wrap made in China, the air that comes out is from China. –
44. When the North Korean citizens finally get freedom of information and internet they’re going to realize the whole world was making fun of their country. –
45. What if the lottery is an Institution to catch Time Travelers? –
46. Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions. –
47. If job ads say “must be fluent in Mandarin” why don’t they post the entire ad in Mandarin, that way only genuinely fluent people could apply? –
48. Once you have a PhD, every meeting you go to becomes a doctor’s appointment. –
49. Some rappers basically have us pay them to tell us what extravagant/lavish things they then do with our money. –
50. They should make a Shazam for bird calls where it identifies the kind of bird making the call. –
300 More Shower Thoughts